Are you passionate about helping NDIS particpants find the supports they need?
Our client is expanding and requires a Support Coordinator, with experience in Disability to join their team and be the link between clients and support services
Initially on offer is a 6month contract , however view to permancy is available for the right candidate.
It is essential you are open and willing to learn , be developed in other sectors to support a mixed range of clients across multiple parts of the community.eg Aged Care, Disability and Mental Health.
The experience required for the role is your ability to;
- Develop the capacity and networks of individuals to be connected and live well within their chosen community, understanding their specific and sometimes complex health needs while providing information on the services required to support and empower them
- Provide impartial information and guidance in sourcing appropriate providers, information and mechanisms for clients
- Advocate for change where needed (including crisis management), providing individuals with the information and mechanisms to access care and support in an independent capacity within their community
- Implementation, maximisation and ongoing development of the client’s Care Plan or NDIS Plan
- Accurately recording billable hours on the client portal while assisting the individual with the monitoring of budget expenditure and individual service agreement negotiation
- Work within the community to ensure stakeholder engagement and maintenance, community education and networking
- Strategically coordinate a range of funded and mainstream supports while building the client’s capability for improved independence
What Do We Need from You?
- Relevant Qualifications – Social Work, Social Sciences, Allied Health, Disability Services, Aged Care or Occupational Therapy (or equivalent – AQF 7 minimum preferred)
- Unrestricted Rights to Work in Australia (essential)
- Current Driver’s License (C Class) (essential)
- Secondary language and CALD background highly desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience in the preparation of high-level reports
- Experience working within Aged Care, NDIS, Community or Disability Services
- National Police check and Working with Children’s Check ( or Willingness to undergo )
- Previous exposure to or experience in working with different funding models
- Highly Developed interpersonal skills
- Effective Planning and monitoring of programs and Services
- Collaborative operational management
- Demonstrated experience across client management systems
- IT savvy or ability to / willingness to navigate different systems
- A passion for providing a highly individualised, person centred approach to care
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary packaging (commiserate with experience)- $67,569.00 – $75,159.00 per annum which comes with an added benefit of $15,900.00 Tax free NFP packaging + super
- Become an integral part of a successful community-based organisation with a focus on empowering the lives of various individuals
- Professional development opportunities
Please submit your resume and cover letter via the link