Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Trades Assistant/Storesperson / General Hand to work between both of their sites based in Wetherill Park and Revesby as well as from time to time, our key customers’ sites.
This full-time role – working Monday – Fridays from 7:30-4 pm is varied and requires a flexible all Rounder who likes a bit of everything and is mechanically handy.
The ideal Candidate will have previous stores or workshop based skills and will carry out regular stocktakes, arrange freight, receive goods, ensure all factory equipment is up to date with current service, maintenance and repairs, and ensure the factory, service area and store are clean , providing a safe working environment at all times.
Other Duties include but not limited to;
- Acting as a Spotter, when required, for lifting equipment servicing, inspections and new lifting equipment installs at key customers’ sites;
- Assisting in the installation of industrial cranes and lifting equipment on customers’ sites, including forklift and scissor lift operation.
- In conjunction with our Service Technicians, carrying out chain hoist servicing and lifting gear inspections at key customers’ sites, once trained and deemed competent.
- When not on customers’ sites, co-ordinating day to day warehouse operations, including inwards/outwards goods, purchasing, loading and unloading of trucks and stock control.
- Quality control of goods entering the factories for accuracy, quality and quantity.
- Assisting with the assembly and testing of chain hoists/trolleys, and other items for sale.
- Maintaining a high standard of safety and housekeeping in our factories.
- 2+ years TA/Storeperson experience
- Australian driver’s licence (required)
- Forklift licence (preferred but not essential)
- Must be fit and capable of lifting 10+kg
- Must be able to work in Australia
You will be reliable and highly organised and flexible around tasks, demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal and a team player supporting the teams across both businesses.
It is imperative you are not afraid of working at heights and carry a strong sense of safety
On Offer is an attractive rate of $30-32 per hour + Super + phone
Use of the factory Ute during work hours when on-site work is required will be provided.